Pro System 1 Hose & Hose Ends By Russell Performance
PRO SYSTEM I HOSE Engineered for the professional bike builder, Pro System I hose is a 308 stainless steel -3 braided hose specifically designed for high performance brake applications. It features a PTFE inner liner along with a clear or tinted coat for abrasion resistance to painted surfaces. Maximum operating pressure is 2500 PSI. Available with clear coat or smoke tinted coat. Does not meet D.O.T. specifications.
SMOKE TINT COAT
PRO SYSTEM I COMPRESSION HOSE END FITTINGS The Pro System I chrome plated compression hose end-fittings are designed to ensure a positive seal. Use in conjunction with the Pro System I braided hose for brake hose connections between the master cylinder, junction block and caliper.
1. Wrap tape tightly around hose where cut is to be made.
2. Using either a cut off wheel or fine tooth hack saw, cut hose to desired length.
3. With a sharp knife, trim back the clear coating approx. 1” from end of hose.
4. Disassemble the 3-piece adapter fitting.
5. Slide the tapered nut (taper first) over the hose.
6. Using a small screw driver, separate and open up the stainless braid from the PTFE inner liner.
7. Slip the brass ferrule (tapered end towards the hose) over the PTFE inner liner.
8. Lubricate barb with brake fluid and insert the barbed end of the fitting into the PTFE tube.
9. Draw up the tapered nut and tighten down.
Note: To re-use Compression fittings, you must replace the ferrule. Be sure to choose the correct ferrule for your fitting.